CHC is a group comprising experienced medical practitioners, health care workers and concerned members of the local community served by Causeway Hospital.
In response to the document Transforming Your Care, our aims are to highlight anxieties about the actual and potential downgrading of Causeway Hospital,to lobby for improved staffing ratios and augmented services in order to maintain the full status of an acute hospital in Causeway,and to interrogate the position of Causeway Hospital within the Northern Health Trust.
Causeway Hospital Campaign (CHC)
The CHC is a group of professionals and community residents interested in and concerned with the sustainability and long-term viability of Causeway Hospital. We are determined to ensure that both citizens and visitors to the area receive skilled, appropriate and timely interventions to meet their health needs.
To this end we will:
1. Press for the maintaining of acute services at the Causeway Hospital, and especially the retention of:
- A 24 hour A & E Unit supported by essential specialisms in Medicine, Surgery and Laboratory Services.
- A Consultant- led Maternity Unit
- Local In-patient Psychiatric Services
2. Carefully monitor recruitment to posts at the Causeway Hospital and ensure that staffing resources are equitably spread between the hospitals in the Relevant Trusts’ area.
3. Participate in all consultations relating to Health and Social Care.
4. Take any further action necessary to protect the range and quality of work achieved by the Causeway Hospital.
5. Work with Local Council, Health Trust and key partners to ensure the retention of agreed services at Causeway Hospital.
6. Counteract any further perceived threats to the Hospital.
7. Make information available to the general public.